Problem: Extra paper is spooled when printing PostScript files to an HP DesignJet
When printing PostScript files to an HP DesignJet, such as the HP5000, approximately an extra foot of paper is spooled.
The current 'Form Size' is too small; a larger size must be specified.
- Create a Postscript file, which have .eps extension, using the Print to File option available via the print GUI or by running the postscript command at an Arc prompt.
- Open the file with a text editor such as Notepad.
- Identify the Bounding Box values in the .eps file, found at approximately line 15. It will look like:
%%BoundingBox: 36 36 2448 5490
The second to last number is width (2448), and the last number is the height (5490).
- Add the following lines of code to the .eps file, beginning at the second line:
%%Beginfeature: *PageRegion AnsiC
2 dict dup /PageSize [x y] put dup
/ImagingBBox null put setpagedevice
where [x, y] is the target page size in points (72 points per inch)
- Replace the x and y with the width and height (x = 2448 and y = 5490)
x and y can be increased to amounts greater than the desired values.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000004716
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 ArcGIS - ArcView 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcInfo Workstation 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3