Error: Error 1311: Source file not found
During the installation of ArcGIS Desktop, this error message may occur:
"Error 1311: Source file not found: <drive>:\ArcGIS\ArcGIS1.cab"
This error was also reported to occasionally occur with ArcIMS 4.0 and 4.0.1 products.
This is a known issue with the Windows Installer software, occuring when it extracts files from the .cab files located on a CD-ROM.
Solution or Workaround
The options below can provide a solution to the error. The first option is the more highly recommended solution, the second option, less so, and so on.
- Copy the contents of the CD to the hard drive and run the installation from there by double-clicking the setup.exe file.
- Place the CD in the CD-ROM drive of another computer and share the drive over the network. On the local computer, map the shared CD-ROM drive and double-click setup.exe to run the installation.
- Refer to the Microsoft article in the Related Information section for a possible solution to this error. Even though the article is not about Error 1311, the solution is still relevant.
- Internal Errors When Installing Software from CD-ROM
- Error 1335: The cabinet file 'ArcGIS1.cab' is corrupt