Problem: Using a unique value color scheme doesn't assign the correct colors to the legend
Color schemes for unique values legends assign the incorrect colors to each classification in the legend. For example, the color scheme 'Autumn Leaves' assigns green, blue, white, or yellow colors instead of shades of reds and oranges.
The odb file that stores the color schemes is corrupt.
Solution or Workaround
- Replace the file Nc_ramps.odb, found in C:\Esri\AV_GIS30\ARCVIEW\ETC, with a working file from another machine.
- If the above is not possible, you must uninstall and reinstall ArcView.
Warning: Be sure to copy to a temporary directory any projects, data, scripts, and extensions that may reside in the ArcView home folder. This folder is called ESRI by default.
Note: The uninstall process does not remove this folder.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Program icon.
- Select ArcView.
- Click Remove.
- Delete the ArcView home folder if it doesn't contain other products.