How To: Create a geocoding service based on a single field geocoding style
This document describes how to create a geocoding service based on a single field geocoding style.
- Start ArcCatalog.
- Double-click Geocoding Services.
- Double-click Create New Geocoding Service.
- In the Create New Geocoding Service dialog box, select Single Field as the geocoding style and click OK.
Use Single Field (File) for shapefile, coverage, and CAD reference data. Single Field (GDB) style should be used for Personal and SDE geodatabase reference data.
- In the New Single Field (...) Geocoding Service dialog box, type in a new geocoding service name.
- Under the Primary Data tab, browse to the reference data and click Add.
- Under the Primary tab, select the field from the reference data attribute table that contains the address information.
- Adjust the geocoding matching and output options as needed. More information regarding the matching and output options can be found in the ArcGIS help under Geocoding Service settings.
- Click OK on the Geocoding Services dialog.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000004657
Software: ArcGIS-ArcEditor 8.1 ArcGIS-ArcInfo 8.1 ArcGIS-ArcView 8.1