How To: Update a project file created in a previous version of ArcView
A project was created in the previous version of ArcView. When opened in the current version, 'No' was selected at the Project Updater prompt. You can manually edit the old project file to update it to the current version.
The following uses an example of opening an ArcView 3.1 project file in ArcView 3.2. The same procedure can be used with other versions.
- Open the project file in a text editor, such as Notepad or WordPad.
The first few lines will look like this:
- Change the 3.1 in the first line to 3.2.
- Change the 31 in the Version line to 32.
- Save your edits. Make sure to maintain the .apr extension.
- Reopen the project in ArcView 3.2.