How To: Define a coordinate system interactively for a coverage using ArcCatalog
To define a projection for a coverage, select a map projection and specify its parameters interactively using ArcCatalog.
For this example, assume that the coverage, to be defined, is stored with the following parameters:
Coordinate System: Geographic
Units: Decimal Degree
Datum: NAD 1927
Spheroid: Clarke 1866
- Start ArcCatalog.
- Browse to the coverage.
- Right-click on the coverage and select Properties.
- Click the Projection tab.
- Click the Define button.
- Select Define the coordinate system interactively.
- Scroll the projections list, select Geographic, and click Next.
This is based on the above parameters, the projection that you select is based on the projection that the coverage is stored in.
- Set Units to DD.
- Select NAD 1927 (US-NADCON) for the Datum.
- Select Clarke 1866 for the Spheroid.
- Click Next.
- Review the Summary and click Finish.