Error: Failed to register as versioned, unable to create initial extent for segment in tablespace "tablespacename"
This error occurs when trying to register a layer or table as versioned with ArcSDE for Oracle:
"Failed to register as versioned, unable to create initial extent for segment in tablespace <tablespace name>"
· The tablespace specified to store one or more segments (table or index) is full.
· An incorrect tablespace was specified for segment storage in the DBTUNE table.
· Another user is attempting to populate relationship classes at the same time and the tablespace for the ArcSDE metadata is filled.
Solution or Workaround
Complete the following to resolve this issue.
- Increase the storage space for the tablespace by adding a datafile or increase the size of an existing datafile.
- Specify the correct storage location for the table and index in the DBTUNE table.
- Be aware of Oracle messages for all tablespaces used by ArcSDE for metadata and data.