Problem: dBASE tables created in Microsoft Excel are missing decimals
When adding numerical values in Microsoft Excel, the values appear to have the right number of decimals places. Once this Excel file is exported to a dBASE format, the records don't retain the decimal places; instead, they are all rounded up. The decimals are missing when opening this dBASE file in ArcGIS.
Improper cell format in Microsoft Excel.
Solution or Workaround
- Open the original file in Excel.
- Right-click the field.
- Click Format Cells.
- Click the Number tab.
- Select Number under Category.
- Specify the number of decimal places.
- Export the MicroSoft Excel file as .dbf IV.
- Import the .dbf file in ArcGIS.