How To: Configure an SDE database connection so you are not prompted for login information
This article illustrates how to bypass the username and password login each time you connect to an SDE database. The steps below assume you have prior experience logging in and working with SDE Connections. If you need help logging in, refer to the ArcGIS Help documentation.
- Open ArcCatalog.
- Right-click on the SDE connection under Catalog > Database Connections and select Connection Properties.
- Ensure the "Save Name/Password" check box is checked.
ArcCatalog saves the username and password to an encrypted binary.
- Click on the Database Connections folder and select Refresh from the View menu. Refresh ArcCatalog with the SDE database connections closed.
- Search your computer for a file with the name. . .
This file will be located in the user's profile directory.
- Copy this file to all users' profile directories you do not want to prompt for a login dialog when connecting to the SDE database.