Problem: Manager asks me to download and install JRE or I receive an error that AdminSiteApplet is not found
When I open Manager using the Windows Programs menu bar or the Manager URL (http://localhost/manager), it asks me to download and install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). In some situations, the following error appears:
load: class com/esri/aims/admincore/applet/AdminSiteApplet not found
ArcIMS Manager, and the Java Viewers, require a system registered Java 2 Platform Standard Edition Java Runtime Environment (J2SE JRE). In this case, you probably have more than one version of JRE on your machine, and the version of JRE referenced in the registry is incorrect and does not contain the required ArcIMS JAR files.
Solution or Workaround
Do the following to reference the correct version of JRE:
- Confirm that the JRE you wish to use is supported for your version of ArcIMS. JRE 1.3.0_02 is recommended for ArcIMS 3.1, JRE 1.3.1._02 is recommended for ArcIMS 4.0, and JRE 1.3.1_02 or 1.4.0 are recommended for ArcIMS 4.0.1. See the System Requirements link below for support information on other versions of JRE.
JRE versions 1.3.1_03, 1.3.1_04, 1.4.0_01,and 1.4.0_03 are not supported with any version of ArcIMS.
- Navigate to the installed location of that JRE (C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\ by default) and confirm that the ArcIMS JAR files are installed in its \lib\ext folder.
The necessary files are: arcims_admin.jar, arcims_admincore.jar, arcims_aej.jar, arcims_author.jar, arcims_designer.jar, arcims_resadmin.jar, arcims_resaej.jar, arcims_resauthor.jar, arcims_resdesigner.jar, arcims_resssdk.jar, arcims_sdk.jar, jai_codec.jar, jai_core.jar, jaxp.jar, jcert.jar, jnet.jar, jsde**_sdk.jar, jsde**_sdkres.jar, jsse.jar, mlibwrapper.jar and parser.jar.
- Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double click Java Plug-in.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- From the Java Runtime Environment list, select the correct version of JRE in <drive>:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.x.x_xx or the location where you installed the JRE.
- Click Apply and close the Java Plug-in and Control Panel windows.
If this doesn't resolve the problem, reinstall ArcIMS Manager.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000004413