FAQ: What is MapObjects LT?
What is MapObjects LT?
MapObjects LT is a set of mapping software components that let you add maps to your applications. MapObjects LT is ideal for applications such as data publishing or viewing. You can combine MapObjects LT with components from other vendors, such as graphing, multimedia, and database objects. The applications you build can be tailored for the specific requirements of your end-users. MapObjects LT comprises an ActiveX control (OCX), called the Map control, and a set of over twenty ActiveX Automation objects. It is design for use in industry standard Windows programming environments.
Programs built with MapObjects LT will run on Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT 4 or higher.
You can implement these and other functions in programs built with MapObjects LT:
· Display a map with multiple map layers, such as roads, streams and boundaries.
· Pan and zoom throughout a map.
· Draw graphic features such as points, lines, ellipses, rectangles and polygons.
· Draw descriptive text.
· Identify features on a map by pointing at them.
· Select features along lines and inside boxes, areas, polygons, and circles.
· Select features within a specified distance of other features.
· Select features with an SQL expression.
· Calculate basic statistics on selected features.
· Render features with thematic methods such as value maps, class breaks, dot density, and charts.
· Label features with text from field values.
· Draw images from aerial photography or satellite imagery.