Problem: Vector data does not display properly when displayed with Vertical Near-side Perspective in ArcMap
Line or polygon data does not close properly and extends to the upper left corner of the data frame if the data frame uses Vertical Near-side Perspective.
This is a known issue. The horizon polygon that clips and closes the data is not correct.
Solution or Workaround
This issue has been resolved in ArcGIS 8.1.2.
For earlier versions, the horizon is correct when using a sphere-based coordinate system.
- Right-click the data frame and select Properties.
- Switch to the Coordinate System tab.
- Click the Modify button.
- Click Select on the Projected Coordinate System properties panel.
- Double-click Spheroid-based and select Authalic sphere.prj. Click Add.
- Click OK on the Projected Coordinate System properties and Data Frame properties pages.