Error: Assertion "status == 1" failed at line 149 of file "..\sym\ntfont.c" Marker Pallette
This error occurs when attempting to load a point theme or do anything that would require using a marker from the marker set:
Assertion "status == 1"
failed at line 149 of file "..\sym\ntfont.c"
The marker palette is empty or your ESRI fonts are corrupt.
Solution or Workaround
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Fonts.
- Double-click the Fonts folder.
- Cut the existing ESRI fonts.
There are 9 fonts installed with ArcView GIS.
- Create a new folder in Windows explorer.
- Paste the ESRI fonts into this new folder.
- Click the 'Install New Font' option under the File menu in the Fonts folder.
- Reinstall the fonts from the folder you copied them out to.
- Reboot your machine to see the effects of this process.
If this is not resolve the problem, you may need to install a set of ESRI fonts from another machine.