Error: Record(s) cannot be read; no read permissions on 'Globals'.
This error occurs when starting ArcLogistics Route:
"ArcLogistics Route has encountered an unexpected error (3112 - Application defined or object-defined error) in module cVRPWorkspace.cls, Function ReadDataVersion, line 20. Record(s) cannot be read;no read permission on 'Globals'. While you may be able to continue and save your work, you should restart ArcLogistics Route."
Occasionally, when closing a session of ArcLogistics Route, the compacting of alr.mdb fails and creates a corrupted file.
Solution or Workaround
Delete the corrupted alr.mdb file.
- Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the ArcLogistics Route folder. By default it will be located at
C:\Program Files\ESRI\ArcLogistics Route.
- Open the ArcLogistics Route folder and look for the MapData_xxx folder you are working with.
- Open the MapData_xxx folder and look for the file alr.mdb.bak.
- Make a copy of the alr.mdb.bak file.
- Locate the alr.mdb file in the same folder.
- Delete the alr.mdf file.
- Rename the alr.mdb.bak to alr.mdb.
ArcLogistics Route should start without an error.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000004057
Software: ArcLogistics Route 2.0