Problem: IMS Data/Layers do not perform as expected
The following behaviors with image/feature services may be experienced:
· Cannot perform find, identify, or select operations
· Cannot open attribute table
· Image is not downloaded
· Requested features do not draw. This error message will occur: "One or more layers failed to draw: You are not authorized to make this kind of request."
When you create a service in ArcIMS, you can set constraints on the server (access restrictions). These constraints can cause clients who do not have permission to experience these problems.
Solution or Workaround
To find out if a service has access restrictions, do the following:
- Start ArcMap.
- Add the service.
- Right-click the service name to show its properties.
- On the Source tab, see if the Data Source description contains an "Access Restrictions" entry. This will indicate the service constraints.