Error: When adding a shapefile to a view, "Feature table has error - unable to make theme" occurs
The following error occurs when adding a shapefile to a view:
"Feature table has error - unable to make theme."
The theme attribute table is corrupt.
Use Microsoft Excel to redefine the extent of the theme's .dbf file.
- Open the .dbf file associated with the theme in Excel.
- Click Insert > Name > Define.
- Select the word Database from the list on the Define Name dialog box.
- Click the button at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click the upper left-hand cell and drag a box to the lower right-hand cell.
- Save the file as a .dbf with the same name as the original table.
Last Modified: 1/10/2017
Article ID: 000003857
Software: ArcView GIS 3.0, 3.0a, 3.0b, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2a