How To: Edit measure (M) values with the Field Calculator
Use the ArcMap Field Calculator to calculate the measure values for the geometry of a polyline feature.
Familiarity with the ArcObjects Geometry system is required before attempting this method of setting M values.
- Start editing a polyline feature class.
- Select one or more features.
- Open the feature class attribute table.
- Right-click the SHAPE field and select Calculate Values.
- In the Field Calculator, check the Advanced check box.
- Enter the VBA expression
dim pms as imsegmentation set pms = [Shape] pms.setandinterpolatemsbetween 0,100 dim pg as igeometry set pg = pms
This example shows how to calculate the M values to range between the values stored in two items for a selected set of polylines.
Note: It is also possible to edit the M values for a polyline feature by using the Edit Sketch Properties dialog. See the Related Link below.