Error: Avarray: Index 43 not in range 0..42
This error occurs when opening a project file:
"Avarray: Index 43 not in range 0..42"
The project file contains a corrupt document.
Solution or Workaround
- Make a backup copy of the .apr file.
Editing in a text editor can permanently damage a project file. If you do make a mistake, revert to the back-up copy.
- Open .apr file in WordPad or NotePad. The top of the file should look like this:
CreationDate: "Thursday, June 12, 1997 07:10:01"
The object of interest is 'Project.2,' which contains this list of document objects:
- Delete the "ActiveDoc:" line.
- Add an REM to the beginning of all the document lines except for the first one. The example above would look like this:
REM Doc: 177
REM Doc: 143
REM Doc: 187
REM Doc: 39
ArcView does not recognize REM as a valid object keyword. Therefore, ArcView will treat this line as a comment causing the document to be skipped.
- Save the file. Don't exit the text editor yet.
- Open the project in ArcView.
If the project opens, the document without the REM is OK. Don't save the project in ArcView. Go back to the text editor and remove the REM from the beginning of the second line. Save the file and try again in ArcView.
If the project doesn't open, the document without the REM is bad. Add the REM to the beginning of the document line and delete the REM from another Document line.
Use the process of elimination until you find all the bad documents and keep as many good ones as possible.