Error: The extension has not been activated
When using an extension, ArcMap or ArcCatalog returns the following error:
"The extension has not been activated"
The referenced extension isn't activated.
Solution or Workaround
Activate the extension.
- Start ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- Navigate to Tools > Extensions.
- Check the box next to the desired extensions.
- Click Close.
- License not available because of an incorrect version number or expired license
- The extension could not be activated. There is no license currently available
- The extension could not be activated. License request failed. All licenses are in use
- Tool Not Licensed. Unable to execute the selected tool. You do not have the necessary license to execute the selected tool