Problem: ArcView 3.x view frames that are not live linked cause problems when importing into ArcMap
Problems may occur if you are importing an ArcView 3.x project file, and you choose to import a layout that has one or more view frames that are not live-linked. ArcMap may crash at the point you click that layout in the Import dialog, or you may not get all your view frames imported.
This is a known issue.
Solution or Workaround
- This problem is addressed in ArcGIS 8.1 Service Pack 1. To download the Service Pack, click on the link below. Continue by clicking on ArcInfo Desktop > ArcGIS Service Pack 1. Follow download instructions.
- Otherwise, if you have ArcView 3.x, you can edit the project file as follows:
1. Open the project and the layout document you want to import.
2. Double-click each viewframe to see its properties.
3. Make sure the Live-link check box is checked.
4. Save the project and try importing it in ArcMap again.