Problem: ArcPress prints in black and white on HP DesignJets
ArcPress prints in black and white or monochrome when it is expected to print in color.
The incorrect driver is selected, the printer is set to print only in monochrome, or the printer only prints in black and white.
Solution or Workaround
Verify that the printer is configured for color printing.
- If printing to an HP DesignJet 500, 800, 5000, or 5500 series printer, use the appropriated driver. At ArcGIS 9.2 and above, use the HP Universal driver. At ArcGIS 9.0 and 9.1, use the HP RTL RGB (Truecolor). At 8.x, use the RTL Device Dithered RGB driver.
- Verify that the appropriate ArcPress RTL driver and color are selected. For example, if printing to an HP DesignJet 1055CM from ArcView GIS 3.x, use the RTL CMYK driver.
- Most HP DesignJet printers have a monochrome only setting; this is usually a button on the front panel of the printer. Verify that the color mode is selected.
- Verify that the printer is not a black and white only printer, such as the HP DesignJet 330.
Better image quality is available when printing to a monochrome printer by using the ArcPress monochrome drivers. This applies to large format printers, such as the DesignJet, as well as desktop ink jet and laser printers.
- Does ArcPress support the HP DesignJet 5500, 5000, 800 or 500?
- Print with ArcPress RTL Device Dithered RGB or HP RTL RGB (Truecolor) driver
- HP Drivers & Downloads
- ArcPress 2.0a for ArcView Patch