Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Follow these steps to uninstall ArcIMS 3.1 on Windows.
To review your installation settings, refer to the log file created during the ArcIMS installation located at
<ArcIMS Installation Directory>\Common\InstallSummary.log.
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
1. To uninstall ArcIMS, click Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click Add/Remove Programs on Windows NT, or click Change/Remove on Windows 2000.
2. Click ESRI ArcIMS 3.1 and click Add/Remove.
3. Accept the default of all components or choose specific components to uninstall and click Uninstall.
4. Close the windows.
5. EsrimapCatalog.ser and EsrimapCookies.ser are files containing the ArcIMS preferences and are not deleted during the ArcIMS uninstall process. Find and delete these files or back them up for future use.
6. Navigate to \Program Files\Esri, or the alternate location selected during installation, and delete the ArcIMS3.1 directory.
If you receive an error message when deleting the ArcIMS3.1 directory, stop the web server and delete the files.
7. Navigate to <drive>:\ArcIMS\website or the alternate location selected for the website directory during installation and delete the javaviewer and htmlviewer directories.
8. Navigate to the servlets directory and verify that the com directory, Esrimap_prop, jaxp.jar, parser.jar, ServletConnector_Res.properties, ServletConnector_Res_en_US.properties, and WMSEsrimap_prop files have been deleted. For example:
Apache with Tomcat: \<Tomcat_Home>\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
IBM HTTP Server with WebSphere: \websphere\appserver\servlets
Microsoft IIS with JRun: \Program Files\Allaire\Jrun\servlets
Microsoft IIS with ServletExec: \Program Files\Unify\ServletExec ISAPI\Servlets
Microsoft IIS with Tomcat: \<Tomcat_Home>\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
Oracle Application Server: \Oracle\iAS\Apache\Jserv\servlets
If you receive an error message when deleting these items, stop the web server and delete the files.
9. Go to Program Files\JavaSoft\Jre\1.3.0_02\bin and \lib\ext. If these folders contain any ArcIMS JAR files or DLLs, delete them:
· ext directory: arcims_admin.jar, arcims_admincore.jar, arcims_aej.jar, arcims_author.jar, arcims_designer.jar, arcims_resadmin.jar, arcims_resaej.jar, arcims_resauthor.jar, arcims_resdesigner.jar, arcims_ressdk.jar, arcims_sdk.jar, jai_codec.jar, jai_core.jar, jaxp.jar, jcert.jar, jnet.jar, jsse.jar, jsde81_sdk.jar, jsde81_sdkres.jar, mlibwrapper_jai.jar, and parser.jar
· bin directory: mlib_image_jai.dll and mlib_java_jai.dll
Note: NOTE: If ArcExplorer 3.1—Java Edition is installed, do not delete the JAR files.
Note: All *jai*.* files are part of Sun’s JAI package but are distributed with ArcIMS to facilitate the display of images.10. Clear the jar_cache and any TLB files from the temp directory.
11. Delete all TMP files and empty the Recycle Bin.
12. Delete the Temporary Internet files from the Web browser.
13. Delete aimsclient.properties, aimsdefault.properties, and aimsproxy.properties from the user profile.
Note: If ArcExplorer 3.1—Java Edition is installed, do not delete the aimsclient.properties file.14. Reboot the computer to clear the system.