How To: Uninstall ArcIMS 3.0
The steps below show how to uninstall ArcIMS 3.0 from a Windows NT computer.
To review your installation settings refer to the log file created during the ArcIMS installation located at <ArcIMS Installation Directory\Common\InstallSummary.log.
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
1. To uninstall ArcIMS, click Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click Add/Remove Programs.
2. Click ESRI ArcIMS 3.0 and click Add/Remove.
3. Accept the default of all components or choose specific components to uninstall and click Uninstall.
4. Close the Add/Remove and Control Panel windows.
5. EsrimapCatalog.ser and EsrimapCookies.ser contain the ArcIMS preferences. They are not deleted during the ArcIMS uninstall process. Find and delete these files because they are incompatible with ArcIMS 3.1.
6. Delete the ArcIMS 3.0 directory from <drive>:\Program Files\Esri or the alternate location you selected during installation.
Note: If you receive an error message when deleting the ArcIMS3.0 directory, stop the web server and delete the files.
7. Delete the javaviewer and htmlviewer directories from <drive>:\ArcIMS\website or the alternate location selected during installation.
8. Navigate to the servlets directory and verify that the com directory was deleted.
Apache: <drive>:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\servlets
Microsoft IIS with JRun: <drive>:\JRun\jsm_default\services\jse\servlets
Microsoft IIS with ServletExec: <drive>:\Inetpub\ServletExec\ISAPI\servlets
Note: If you receive an error message when deleting the com directory, stop the web server and delete the files.
9. Go to <drive>:\Program Files\JavaSoft\Jre\1.2\bin and \lib\ext.
If these folders contain any ArcIMS JAR files or dynamic link libraries(dlls), delete them.
Note: If you receive an error message when deleting the JAR files, stop the web server and delete the files.On Windows NT, choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Services.
Note: All *jai*.* files are part of Sun’s Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) package but are distributed with ArcIMS to facilitate the display of images.
10. Clear the jar_cache and any TLB files from the temp directory.
11. Delete all TMP files in the Winnt directory and empty the Recycle Bin.
12. Delete temporary Internet files from the Web browser.
13. Delete aimsdefault.properties and favorites.axl from the user profile.
14. Reboot the computer.