Error: Warning: "The table was not found"
Note: The content in this article pertains to ArcGIS versions 8.x. Later versions of ArcGIS may contain different functionality, as well as different names and locations for menus, commands and geoprocessing tools.
A warning occurs in ArcToolbox when trying to convert a geodatabase feature class to a shapefile, if the input feature class contains a Binary Large Object (BLOB) field.
"The table was not found"
Shapefiles and coverages do not support BLOB fields.
Solution or Workaround
- Create a temporary feature class using the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool.
- ArcToolbox > Conversion Tools > To Geodatabase > Feature Class to Geodatabase
- Delete the BLOB fields from the temporary feature class. For steps on how to delete fields, refer to ArcGIS Help: Deleting fields.
- Convert the temporary feature class to a shapefile, or coverage, using the Geodatabase to Shapefile, or Geodatabase to Coverage tool.
- An overview of the Conversion toolbox: Feature Class To Geodatabase