How To: Back up custom fonts and symbolsets before upgrade
Instructions provided describe how to back up custom fonts and symbolsets before upgrade. When an ArcInfo upgrade is installed, or the software is uninstalled and reinstalled, any custom fonts, markersets, linesets and shadesets on the system are erased.
ArcInfo is programmed to clean up existing folders, and eliminate potential contamination of files by deleting any existing files from the location selected for the new installation.
Caution is needed when customizations have been added to the current installation.
Copy the following custom or customized files to another location on the system, so they can be easily restored after the upgrade:
- arcexe\fonts\ any custom fonts installed in this folder.
- arcexe\igl63exe any custom fonts installed in this folder.
- arcexe\symbols any custom linesets (.lin), markersets (.mrk), shadesets
(.shd) and textsets (.txt) installed in this folder.
Lists of the ArcInfo-provided sets above can be found in the ArcDoc > Contents Tab > Cartography > Map Display and Query using ArcPlot
- Linesets provided with ARC/INFO
- Markersets provided with ARC/INFO
- Shadesets provided with ARC/INFO
- Textsets provided with ARC/INFO
- Fonts provided with ARC/INFO
- IGL fonts provided with ARC/INFO