FAQ: Why does DB2 ignore layer locks and allow data inserts to occur?
Why does DB2 ignore layer locks and allow data inserts to occur?
DB2 ignores layer locks on nonversioned data and allows updates to occur. This has been documented in two cases:
1. The owner of a layer grants select privileges to user2.
2. User2 locks the layer with a read lock or a write lock.
3. The owner successfully inserts data into the layer.
1. The owner grants select/insert/update/delete privileges to user2.
2. Either user2 or the owner locks the layer.
3. The user who does not own the lock on the layer can successfully insert data.