How To: Disable timeout warning for expired extensions
When licenses are near expiring or have already expired, warning messages appear when starting ArcGIS applications. Instructions provided describe how to suppress the warning messages.
The current user must either be logged in as Administrator or have full administrative privileges.
Start the Advanced ArcMap Settings application. This is installed with ArcGIS Desktop, with the exception of ArcGIS version 8.1.
• ArcGIS 10.2 This can be found at the following location: <install_location>\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\Utilities\AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe
• ArcGIS 10.1 This can be found at the following location: <install_location>\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\Utilities\AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe
• ArcGIS 10.0 This can be found at the following location: <install_location>\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Utilities\AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe
• ArcGIS 9.x This can be found at the following location: <install_location>\ArcGIS\Utilities\AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe
• ArcGIS 8.1.2/8.2/8.3 This can be found at the following example location: <install_location>\ArcGIS\arcexe81\Utilities\AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe
• ArcGIS 8.1 Install the ArcObjects Developer Kit, then this application can be found at the following location: <install_location>\ArcGIS\arcexe81\ArcObjects Developer Kit\VBAdvancedSettings\AdvAMSet.exe
Select the Miscellaneous tab.
Under License timeout warning, uncheck the box to disable timeout warning. Click Apply and Close.
Warning: Regardless of whether the warning message appears or not, the license still expires. Contact Esri Customer Service to acquire a new license if needed.