FAQ: Can ArcMap have multiple layout views?
Can ArcMap have multiple layout views?
ArcMap does not have the functionality to host multiple layouts within the same map document. Multiple data frames can be added but reside on the original layout.
To work around this limitation, use one of the following suggestions.
- Data Driven Pages allow for the creation of a map series from a single map document. Refer to ArcMap: What are Data Driven Pages? for more information
- Use ArcGIS Pro, which supports multiple layouts per individual project.
- ArcMap: A quick tour of page layouts
- ArcMap: What are Data Driven Pages?
- ArcGIS Pro: Add a layout to your project
- How To: Transition from multiple layout documents in ArcView GIS to single page map documents in ArcMap
- How To: Work in a multiple layout environment in ArcGIS
Last Published: 2/3/2021
Article ID: 000002910
Software: ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.4, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Basic 10.4, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Standard 10.4, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1 ArcGIS-ArcEditor 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 10 ArcGIS-ArcInfo 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 10 ArcGIS-ArcView 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.0, 10