Error: Cannot find SERVER hostname in network database
The ArcGIS License Manager returns the following error:
"FLEXlm Error -14,7
Cannot find SERVER hostname in network database. The lookup for the hostname on the SERVER line in the license file failed. This often happens when NIS or DNS or the hosts file is incorrect. Workaround: User IP address (e.g., 123.456.789.123) instead of hostname."
The Desktop Administrator is configured to look for a license manager on a machine that cannot be found on the network.
Solution or Workaround
- Open the Desktop Administrator. Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator.
- Select the 'License Manager' folder in the Desktop Administrator.
- Ensure that a proper license server host name or IP address is entered.
'not_set' indicates that this value has not been set. This usually occurs when the ArcGIS software has been installed before the License Manager was configured.
The Desktop Administrator checks to see that valid licenses exist before allowing a change to this field. Failure to allow a host name/IP address to be set indicates a firewall is blocking communication, or that the License Manager on that machine is down.
- Flexlm Error -14: cannot find server hostname in network database. Server name: Not_Set
- What do the FLEXlm error codes mean?