How To: Apply different patch shapes to an ArcMap legend using the legend wizard.
Steps to apply different patch shapes to the different layers of the legend by setting options in the legend wizard.
- Select Insert > Legend.
- Click Next in the wizard until the list of legend items and the controls for legend patches.
- In the Legend Items list select the layer with the patch shape to be changed.
- Click the dropdown list for Patch > Line or Patch > Area and select a patch shape.
The legend wizard is new at ArcGIS 8.1 and is not available in ArcInfo versions 8.0.1 or 8.0.2.
- Apply different patch shapes to an ArcMap legend
- Arrange the items of a legend into columns
- Set ArcMap's legend shade to match transparency
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000002794