Error: Cannot find Wizards_en.hlp file
Clicking the Help button in the Crystal Reports wizard may return the following dialog box:
"Cannot find the Wizards_en.hlp file.
Do you want to try to find this file yourself?"
NOTE: The name of the file returned in the error is different on localized versions of Windows. For example, on Japanese Windows, the name of the indicated file is Wizards_jp.hlp.
This happens because the Crystal Reports installation program that ships with ArcGIS 8.1 (the Crystal Reports CD) does not write help registry keys for the installed wizard help files under the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Help.
Solution or Workaround
To prevent this from occurring again, do the following:
- Click Yes in the Help dialog box.
- Search for the Wizards_en.hlp file in
<Program Files>\Seagate Software\Report Designer Component.
This is the default location where Crystal Reports is installed. If Crystal Reports was installed in a different location, you will need to specify the installed location to find the Wizards_en.hlp help file.
According to Seagate Software, you can also search for the AddIns_en.hlp file.
- The Crystal Reports wizard dialog box loses focus
- Why are Japanese characters displayed incorrectly in the Crystal Reports wizard?
- Why is the Back button disabled on the second page of the Crystal Reports wizard?