How To: Change the processing parameters for the ArcMap Buffer wizard
The processing parameters, in this context, refer to the spatial reference system in which the buffers are calculated in the ArcMap Buffer wizard. The resulting buffers may differ depending on the method used. Four methods are available:
1. Feature set optimized coordinate system (default)
2. Feature optimized coordinate system
3. Coordinate System of the Feature Class (input)
4. Coordinate System of the data frame (output)
- Start the ArcMap Advanced Settings utility. A. Navigate to the Utilities folder under the ArcGIS installation directory; for example, C:\arcgis\arcexe81\Utilities.
B. Double-click AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe.
- Click the Miscellaneous tab.
- Select the method from the dropdown list.
- Click Apply.