FAQ: Common ArcView error messages
Common ArcView error messages
These are some of the most common error messages produced by ArcView.
- A(n) CompositePen object does not recognize the request SetWidth
- An unknown ERROR occurred writing shapefile [new shapefile].shp
- Assertion 'Number of bits in range' failed at line 351 of file '../base/bitmap.c'
- Assertion - Bit in range failed in line 268 ...\base\bitmap.c
- Assertion bit in range failed at line 293 of file ...base\bitmap.c
- Attempt to edit read only virtual table (VTAB)
- Can't edit a read only virtual table (VTab)
- Error calling unlink for file....Returned Error Code 13
- Error in opening table for feature source "coveragepath"
- Error in reading STA table
- Conflict among shared COM components is returning 'Run time error 429 ActiveX Component Cannot Create Object'
- Segmentation Violation
- Warning! The project (NAME) could not be opened.
- Where is [filename].sid?