How To: Use extensions to change polygon outline symbology
Although Avenue code can be written to change polygon outline symbology, extensions may be downloaded from ArcScripts to perform the same operation. For ArcView users not comfortable with Avenue, or for those who prefer extensions, this is a viable alternative.
- Click on the AcrScripts Web site link in Related Information below.
- Do a keyword search for outline.
- Select the extension that performs the desired operation.
Extensions may produce the desired results in different ways. Be sure to read the descriptions of the files before using them.
- Download it and place it in the *\esri\av_gis30\arcview\ext32 directory.
- Activate the extension in the Extensions dialog box (File > Extensions).