Problem: Data type double fields in an Access 97 file appear as integers in ArcMap
Data type double fields in an Access 97 file are displayed in the ArcMap as data type integer.
This is a known issue when the connection to the Access 97 file was made with the Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers.
- Right-click the table in the ArcMap Table of Contents window to bring up the context menu and click Properties.
- Select the field that is incorrectly formatted.
- Click Format and change the number of decimal places to show in the table window.
- Click OK to accept changes.
- Click Apply to commit the changes.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000002636
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 8.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 8.1