How To: Prevent fills from leaking into the background-ArcView 3.x
At certain view scales, the entire view outside the polygon changes colors to match the colors within some of the polygons.
- Open a New Script window. A. Activate the Project window.
B. Click the Scripts icon.
C. Click New.
- Select Load Text File from the Script menu.
- Navigate to the ..esri\av_gis30\arcview\sample\scripts folder.
- Select the file expclean.ave and click OK.
- Attach the script to a button on the view GUI. A. Compile the script.
B. Switch to the Project window.
C. Select Customize from the Project menu.
D. On the Customize dialog box, click the Type dropdown arrow and click View.
E. Select Buttons under Category.
F. Click the New button.
G. Double-click the Click property in the Customize dialog box.
H. Type the name of the script in the Script Manager and click Select.
I. Close the Customize dialog box.
For more information, see "Customize dialog box" in ArcView Help.
- Open the view and make the problem polygon theme active.
- Run the script to create a new polygon shapefile.