Error: Assertion failed at line 201 of file "cpanel.c"
The following error occurs when opening a project in ArcView . . .
Assertion "LIST_Count(self->ResBoxes)== LIST_Count(self->Children)" failed at line 201 of file "cpanel.c"
The project has been saved with the 3d_point_of_view.avx extension turned on. This is a third party extension that adds corrupt elements to the project file.
- Select Start>Find>Find Files or Folders . . .
- Search all local drives for a file named 3D_point_of_view.avx.
- Rename it to 3D_point_of_view.old.
- Make a back up copy of the APR file.
- Open the APR in a text editor such as WordPad or NotePad.
- Search for the text "Prefs:". You should find a line that looks like the following. The number may be different.
- Add an REM to the beginning of this line and save the file. The line should now look like the following.
REM Prefs: 11
- Open the APR file in ArcView.
- Click Cancel when asked "Where is . . . 3D_point_of_view.avx?"
- Save the project.
Do not turn on this extension again.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000002573
Software: ArcView GIS 3.2a, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0b, 3.0a, 3.0