Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Feature classes that belong to different datasets may have different extents. These feature classes can be appended under one dataset with a new extent. One way of doing this is by exporting the feature classes into shapefiles, importing them into the new dataset, and exporting and importing them again using "sdeexport-o create" and "sdeimport -o append".
Instructions provided are the steps needed to append two feature classes, F1 and F2, into a new dataset, D, that has a larger extent.
1. Export F1 to a shapefile using ArcCatalog.
2. Create a new dataset, D, with a larger extent.
3. Create a new feature class, F2, in the new dataset D and load data into it.
4. Import the shapefile (feature class F1) into the new dataset D using ArcCatalog.
5. Export one of the two feature classes, F1 or F2, using the ArcSDE command line "sdeexport -o create".
6. Import the exported file by appending it to the other feature class using the ArcSDE command line: "sdeimport -o append".