How To: Capitalize each word in a field
You can use the Proper request to change the first letter of each word in a string to upper case and change all other letters to lower case.
- Open the table.
- Select Start Editing from the Table menu.
- Select the field heading of the field that you want to capitalize.
- Select Calculate from the Field menu.
- Double-click on the field name to be converted from the Fields list.
- Set the Type to String.
- Scroll down the Requests list and double-click on Proper.
- Click OK.
The final expression should look similar to this:
- Select Stop Editing from the Table menu and Save your Edits.
Last Modified: 6/28/2016
Article ID: 000002377
Software: More Products Legacy Products ArcView GIS 3.0, 3.0a, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2a