How To: Spline geodatabase annotation to a line
Splining annotation to a line enhances the placement of descriptive symbology to a feature. You can edit annotation and spline it to a curved line in ArcMap.
- Add annotation layer to ArcMap data view.
- Start an Editing session.
A. Click the Editor button
B. Click Start Editing
- Set the annotation target.
A. Click the Drawing button on the Draw toolbar.
B. Click Active Annotation Target.
C. Select the desired annotation layer.
- Click the Select Graphics button on the Draw toolbar.
- Select the annotation you want to spline by clicking on it or dragging a box around it.
- Click the Edit Vertices button on the Draw toolbar. This will display vertices along the baseline of the annotation.
- Add a vertex to this baseline.
A. Place cursor on a location along annotation baseline
B. Right-click and select Add Vertex
C. Reposition new vertices to curve annotation
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000002314
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.2