Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
During the deployment of a MapObjects application, the following error may occur:
expsrv.dll failed to register
The DLL may be corrupt or is otherwise unusable.
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
-- Remove expsrv.dll from your deployment package. The technique for removing files varies with the software. Refer to the Help or the Web page associated with your deployment software for instructions.
Note: MapObjects does not install or require this DLL.
-- If you need this DLL for another component in your application, contact the component vendor for technical assistance. To determine the vendor:
1. Navigate to where the DLL is on the hard disk
2. Right-click on the DLL
3. Click Properties
4. Click the Version tab. If present, the vendor's name will appear as the Company Name. If there is no Version tab, see below.
-- If the DLL is not versioned, you may need to make a 'best guess' to determine who the component vendor may be:
1. Download the Microsoft Dependency Walker Utility from the MapObjects Deployment Tips link found in the Related Information section below. The Dependency Walker also installs with Microsoft's Visual Studio.
2. Run Dependency Walker and open the DLL with it.
3. Examine the location of the DLL on the hard disk. You may be able to determine the vendor based on the folder in which the DLL is installed.