How To: Create the ESRI License Manager debug log file for ArcGIS Desktop
Instructions provided describe how to create the debug log file that contains additional information for troubleshooting the License Manager.
- On the ArcGIS License Manager server, click Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Manager Tools.
- Select Configuration Using Services. Make sure the ArcGIS License Manager is highlighted and click the Configure Services tab.
- Type a file path in the Path to the debug log file text box. Place the file where it is convenient and give it a distinct name. For example:
- Click Save Service. The next time the machine is started or the License Manager restarted, the License Manager writes information to this file. This file can be viewed using a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Stop or Start the Arcinfo License Manager on Windows
- Create the ESRI License Manager Debug Log File for ArcInfo 7.2
- Designate a location for the ArcGIS License Manager debug log file