Error: mo20.ocx failed to register
When attempting to deploy a MapObjects 2.0 application, the following error may occur:
mo20.ocx failed to register
This error can occur because one or more of the required components was omitted from the deployment package or a required component failed to Self Register.
Solution or Workaround
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
1. Verify that your deployment package includes all the required Microsoft system files: Error: shape20.dll failed to register
2. Verify that the deployment package includes all the required MapObjects support files:
Other files may also be required, depending on the functionality in the application. See pages 4-6 of the Deploying MapObjects 2.0 Applications document link below.
3. Verify that all MapObjects components are installed into the appropriate location. Some deployment software packages may not choose the appropriate install location automatically: Error: aiimage20.dll failed to register
- shape20.dll failed to register
- aiimage20.dll failed to register
- Deploying MapObjects 2.0 Applications
- MapObjects Deployment Tips