How To: Change the URLs specified in the ArcIMSParams.js file
The following is a workaround when the HTML viewer hangs with Retrieving Map image.
- Open the ArcIMSparams.js file in a text editor such as WordPad. This file is created by ArcIMS Designer and placed in the HTML directory of the Map web pages.
- Search for the imsURL and imsOVURL variables.
- Change the URL to a path that will be resolvable from the client's machine.
- Save the file.
- Clear your browser cache.
<a href='https://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/14652' target='_blank'>How To: Clear your browser's cache</a>
- Reload and try to view the page.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000002015
Software: ArcIMS 10, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.0.1, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1