How To: Delete dangling arcs from the universal polygon of an ArcStorm layer
Instructions provided describe the procedure for finding and deleting dangling arcs from a polygon layer.
- Create an empty checked-out coverage from the ArcStorm layer containing the dangles.
Arcedit: edit canada.nova.parcel polygon
Arcedit: show number selected
Arcedit: checkout emptycov
Executing CHECKOUT request...
Checked out 0 features into E:\EMPTYCOV with ID 21
- Display the ArcStorm layer as a back coverage and add a polygon to the empty checkout coverage which surrounds the dangling arc.
Arcedit: edit emptycov polygon
Arcedit: drawenvironment polygon
Arcedit: backcoverage .parcel 3
CANADA.NOVA.PARCEL is now background coverage 1 with draw symbol 3
Arcedit: backenvironment arc
Arcedit: editboundaryerror polygon warn
1) Add Polygon 2) End Polygon 4) Delete last point
5) Delete last Polygon 8) Digitizing Options 9) Quit
(Polygon) User-ID: 1 Define the polygon
Adding polygon 1 with 7 points
Polygon exceeds current edit boundary of local ARCSTORM coverage
1 polygon(s) added to E:\EMPTYCOV
The ArcStorm layer (in green) is the back coverage. The new polygon (in yellow) is added to the empty check out coverage and must completely encircle the dangling arc.
- Check the new polygon feature in, and immediately select the same feature and check it out again. The dangling arc will be checked out with the surrounding polygon.
Arcedit: resume emptycov
Arcedit: selectmode library
Arcedit: editfeature polygon
Point to the feature to select
Selected library feature 29
CANADA.NOVA.PARCEL polys : 1 selected.
Arcedit: checkout danglecov
- Delete the checked-out polygon and check the coverage in again. The dangling arc will be removed from the universal polygon.
Arcedit: selectmode edit
Arcedit: select all
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000002011
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.1, 8.0.2 ArcInfo Workstation 7.0.4, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.2.1