How To: Test digitizer for use with ArcView
Steps to test a digitizer for use with ArcView.
- Start ArcView.
- Select Extensions from File pulldown menu and check the Digitizer extension.
- Create a new view.
- Select the draw point tool
Draw point tool
on the toolbar.
- Click the View menu and select Digitizer as Puck. If Digitizer as Mouse is listed, then the digitizer is already in puck mode.
- Use the puck's left click button to click an inch in from each corner of the digitizer tablet. You will not see any points created on screen.
- Press the zoom to full extent button.
Zoom to full extent button.
Four points should appear on screen.
- Use some of the other drawing tools to test creating lines and polygons. Lines and polygons are started with the left click button and ended with the left double-click button.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000001995
Software: ArcView GIS 3.0, 3.0a, 3.0b, 3.1, 3.2