Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
The following situations may occur in SDE for Informix when the logical logs fill up:
1. System performance slows to a crawl.
2. The LAYER DEFINE command hangs. For example:
ARCPLOT: DATASET CONNECT DS GISMAIN esri_sde sde sde1 sde
ARCPLOT: LAYER DEFINE DL SDE DS tnavl shape line
3. SDELAYER produces a 'Layer not found' message. For example:
sdelayer -o describe -l tnavl,shape -u sde -p sde1 -D gisdb
Layer not found.
However, examining the database with Informix's dbaccess shows that the table exists in the correct database (the one referred to by the ODBC data source definition).
4. Cannot connect to server using ArcMap from a remote Windows NT system.
5. Any Informix 'onstat' command shows this in the report header:
6. It is not possible to drop the SDE.VERSIONS table, even when SDE server is stopped.
The logs will fill up if they are not being backed up. It may also be that a very long transaction has spanned most of the logical logs, and is too long to be rolled back in the space remaining in the unused logical logs.
Make sure the logs are being backed up. This will free the log files.
If the logs cannot be freed, contact Informix Technical Support for assistance.