How To: Create printable layouts of all the symbol palettes
Instructions provided are to produce a hardcopy of the current symbols loaded into the symbol palette using the symbol dump Avenue script, which is included with ArcView GIS.
- In ArcView, double-click the Scripts icon in the projects window.
- Once the New Scripts window appears, select the Open Text File button:
from the top button bar and navigate to the sample scripts directory:
- In this directory is a file named symdump.ave; double-click on the file to open it into the script window.
- Click the Compile button and click the Run button
The script displays a selection of symbol palettes from which to create a layout.
- Select a symbol type; click OK. The script creates as many 8.5 inch by 11 inch layouts as needed to display all items in the given palette. These layouts may then be printed.