Error: FLEXlm Error: -15 Cannot connect to license server
The following error message displays when starting an ArcGIS Desktop application:
"FLEXlm Error: Cannot connect to license server. The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the port or hostname in the license file has been changed. Feature: ARC/INFO Server name: server1 License path:[Below are examples only] @server1;c:\arcgis\arcexe82\sysgen\license.dat @server1;c:\Prog~1\ESRI\License\arcgis9x @server1;c:\Prog(x86)\ESRI\License\arcgis9x FLEXlm error: -15,10. System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused" For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, available at "www.globetrotter.com". Program not run."
ArcGIS cannot connect to and check out a license from a license server.
Solution or Workaround
- Verify that the License Path indicated in the error message is the correct host name or IP address of the license manager system. If the License Path is 'Not_Set', then Desktop Administrator has not been configured with the location of the License Manager. See: FAQ: Why is 'Not_Set' listed in the Desktop Administrator License Manager folder?
- If the 'License Path' is correct, then the license manager may not be running. If the license manager system cannot be accessed, contact a license administrator for assistance. Otherwise, perform the following troubleshooting steps on the license manager system.
- Restart the License Manager:
- Click Start > Programs > ArcInfo > License Manager > License Manager Tools.
- Check the Configuration using Services radio button.
- Select the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- Click Stop Server.
- Click Start Server.
- Perform a Status Enquiry to confirm that the licenses are available:
- Click the Server Status tab and click the Perform status enquiry button. Display Everything should be selected.
- Verify that there are no errors in the status enquiry. See: Checking the license server status
- Check the license manager log file for any errors.
- On the Config Services tab, click View Log. See: Problem: Messages in the license manager log file.
- If the status enquiry and log files do not indicate any errors, there may be a firewall running on the license manager system. See: How To: Configure Windows XP's Internet Connection Firewall to work with the License Manager.
- If issues persist, contact Esri Support for further assistance.
- FLEXlm: Cannot connect to license server-UNIX systems
- Using the ArcGIS License Server Administrator
- License manager basics