Problem: TEXTSET command does not return expected results
Solution or Workaround
The IGL typesettings for the STYLE prompt of the ArcEdit TEXTSET command don't work. The result of a text string, such as 90!SUP;o!BAK;80', should return the results, 90(o in superscript)80'. The string is returned in segments divided by semicolons.
The IGL options work in ArcPlot.
In ArcEdit the semicolon is interpreted as a carriage return.
Try one of these options:
· Create the annotation with ArcPlotW, where the IGL options are working, and then bring them into ArcEditW.
· Use the current characters associated with a font (i.e. 23o 91'). The degree symbol is character number 167 within the Courier-New font.
To check the characters for each font:
1. :TEXTFONT *
2. Select the font and note the 'Font Number'
3. :TEXTIND * ALL
4. Provide the box for the Characters to be drawn in
5. The characters are number left to right from the #32
To set the font in ArcEditW for annotation:
1. Open coverage and set EditFeature to Annotation
2. :TEXTSET *
Set the font to the 'Font Number' that was designated in the TEXTFONT dialog box. You can change the other parameters as needed.
To add those special characters to the annotation:
2. Text: 23 'ALT+167' 19'
This will appear as 23o19'.
You can hold down the ALT key and type the number to character needed. After you release the ALT the character will appear.